WINTER CAMP 2018 - Design Thinking + Bose Speaker Cube Build
TWO IMPORTANT NOTES:
1) This camp will be held only if we get at least 5 campers (tuition is refundable)
2) This camp requires an Apple Device for assembly of the kit. (the speaker can be used by any bluetooth device after assembly)
age: 8yrs - 15years
Campers in this camp will learn about the Design Thinking Process and also learn about electromagnets and how speakers work. Campers will then build a Bose Speaker Cube that they take home.
This camp has two sections. The first is design thinking. Design Thinking is a design methodology that provides a solution-based approach to solving problems. Students will learn about the 5 stages in the process: empathise, define, ideate, prototype, and test. The learning will be backed up by hands-on projects.
During the second section campers will learn about magnets and electromagnets, how sound works, how a speaker works, frequency and waveforms. The campers will then assemble a Bose Cube speaker that they can take home after the class.
Requires an Apple mobile Device for discovery and build activities:
- any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch running iOS 8 or newer (except iPad 2)
Compatible with the following devices (for music listening):
- Wireless: Any device with Bluetooth 3.0 or higher (including Android devices, laptops, etc.)
- Wired: Any device with a 3.5 mm audio output